A wander through the WaitakiRegular price $750.00 Save $-750.00
Discover a selection of 12 bottles and 1 magnum expressing the beauty of the Waitaki sub-region. Luli, our Senior Wine Advisor, has carefully selected her favourite Waitaki wines for you to enjoy!
The Waitaki Valley winds its way from the high country of Central Otago to South Island’s eastern coast, with the long, braided river system working its way from the Southern Alps to the sea.
A defining feature of the region is its limestone, which is a hallmark of an ancient geological fault line which has over time pushed a 38 million year old seabed up alongside the river, leaving a limestone-rich north-facing slope. This is where keen viticulturists and winemakers have hedged their bets, creating one of New Zealand's youngest wine regions.
We are seeing some stunning vibrant flavours come through from the region; red cherry, raspberry and strawberry tones characteristic of the Pinot Noir, aromatic stone fruit and gingerbread flavours in the Pinot Gris, melon-like floral chardonnay and expressive citrus Reisling. Take a journey to the Waitaki with this comprehensive selection, broaden your tastes and perhaps find a new favourite!
This special pack includes:
- 2 bottle of Valli 'Waitaki' Pinot Noir 2019
- 2 bottle of Valli 'Waitaki' Pinot Noir 2018
- 1 bottle of Valli 'Waitaki' Pinot Noir 2016 - Library wine
- 1 bottle of Valli 'Waitaki' Riesling 2020
- 1 bottle of Valli 'Waitaki' Riesling 2019
- 1 bottle of Valli 'Waitaki' Riesling 2013 - Library wine
- 1 bottle of Valli 'Waitaki' Late Harvest Riesling - Library wine
- 1 bottle of Valli 'Waitaki' Vendemmia Tardiva Pinot Gris 2019
- 1 bottle of Valli 'Waitaki' Chardonnay 2018 - Library wine
- 1 bottle of 'Kinross x Valli' Waitaki Orange Pinot Gris 2019 - Library wine
Limited availability. Only 12 cases are available.