A wander through the WaitakiRegular price $1,735.00 Save $-1,735.00
Discover a selection of 24 bottles and 2 magnums expressing the beauty of the Waitaki sub-region. Luli, our Senior Wine Advisor, has carefully selected her favourite Waitaki wines for you to enjoy!
The Waitaki Valley winds its way from the high country of Central Otago to South Island’s eastern coast, with the long, braided river system working its way from the Southern Alps to the sea.
A defining feature of the region is its limestone, which is a hallmark of an ancient geological fault line which has over time pushed a 38 million year old seabed up alongside the river, leaving a limestone-rich north-facing slope. This is where keen viticulturists and winemakers have hedged their bets, creating one of New Zealand's youngest wine regions.
We are seeing some stunning vibrant flavours come through from the region; red cherry, raspberry and strawberry tones characteristic of the Pinot Noir, aromatic stone fruit and gingerbread flavours in the Pinot Gris, melon-like floral chardonnay and expressive citrus Reisling. Take a journey to the Waitaki with this comprehensive selection, broaden your tastes and perhaps find a new favourite!
This special pack includes:
- 2 bottles of Kinross 'Kilted Pioneer' Waitaki Pinot Noir 2018 - Library wine
- 5 bottles of Kinross 'The Pioneer' Waitaki Pinot Noir 2019
- 5 bottles of Valli 'Waitaki' Pinot Noir 2018
- 2 magnums of Valli 'Waitaki' Pinot Noir 2018
- 2 bottles of Valli 'Waitaki' Pinot Noir 2016 - Library wine
- 2 bottles of Valli 'Waitaki' Riesling 2019
- 2 bottles of Valli 'Waitaki' Riesling 2013 - Library wine
- 2 bottles of Valli 'Waitaki' Late Harvest Riesling 2015
- 2 bottles of Valli 'Waitaki' Vendemmia Tardiva Pinot Gris 2016 - Library wine
- 2 bottles of Valli 'Waitaki' Chardonnay 2018 - Library wine
Limited availability. Only 12 cases are available.