Valli - Gibbston Pinot Noir 2019 - “Best NZ Red Wine” – International Wine Challenge (IWC))Regular price $69.00 Save $-69.00
Glimmering garnet hue with captivating aromas of fresh herbs (wormwood, rosemary, and wild thyme) that “leap” out of the glass and are complemented by fig, cherry and dried rose petals.
The palate commences savoury with delicious, dried herb, dukkah and mushroom flowing into bright red fruit, with a long and spicy finish. The wine has a silky texture with fine tannins and exquisite detail.
This vintage has delivered a “classic” Gibbston Pinot Noir that is understated, graceful and complex with so much intrigue creating an aura of suspense.
A delight to the senses at release, this wine will continue to captivate for 15 (or so) year
No fining, No filtering
11 months in barrel (30% new)
25% whole bunch
Vines planted in 2000
Winemakers: Jen Parr & Grant Taylor
Single vineyard located in Gibbston
Vegetarian & Vegan friendly (not certified)
Awards and Reviews
- Trophy “Best NZ Red Wine” – International Wine Challenge (IWC), London
- Gold Ribbon – The Real Review, Top Wineries New Zealand
- 98/100 – Candice Chow, Raymond Chan Wine Reviews
- 98/100 Points – 5 Stars - Sam Kim, Wine Orbit
- 95/100 Points – Rebecca Gibb MW, Vinous.com
- 95/100 Points - Nick Stock, JamesSuckling.com
- 95/100 Points – Cameron Douglas, MS
- 94/100 Points – Bob Campbell MW, TheRealReview.com
- 5 Stars – Awarded “Super Classic” Status -Michael Cooper, Winestate Magazine